Mitchell, Margaret and David: Third Generation - Page 26
The following data is extracted from David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy.
156. Small, Albert (32) ; b. about 1825. m. about 1851, Mary Jane Haines, near Cedarville, O., and shortly afterward moved to Henderson County, 111. During the Civil War he was inclined to enlist, but his father James and he agreed that the former should go in his stead and leave the latter to care for his young family. But Albert helped at home to enroll recruits, and in that service had narrow escapes from attacks of the war opposers. (See appendix.) United Presbyterian; Republican.
Children:-450 Granville C.; 451 Rebecca; 452 Cora: 453 James S.; 454 Ella J.; 455 John C.; 456 Albert E.; 451 William G.; 458 Annie M.; 459 Carrie B.; 460 David -Al.; 461 Frank H.
157. Small-Lant, Amanda Jane (32) ; b. March 13, 1822 ; died Jan. 20, 1897. m. Jan. 11, 1854. Wm. Lant, who now lives at Burlington, Ia. Farmers; United Presbyterians; Democrats.
Children:-791 to 794, Supplement. Another. child, Emma J., died in early childhood.
158. Small-Turnbull, Margaret (32) ; m. William Turnbull; had one child; all deceased.
159. Small, James (32) ; died 1835 at Cedarville.
160. Small-Marshall-Lant, Alice (32) ; m. Charles Marshall, by whom she bore three children, all of whom are deceased. He also died, and she married Casper Lant. She died 1880, at Biggsville, where she had chiefly lived after removing from Ohio in 1851. Farmers; United Presbyterians.
Living children: 889 Albert; 890 Lizzie; 891 George.
161. Small, Sarah (32) ; died in 1852, shortly after removal to Illinois.
162. Small-McMillan, Susan (32) ; b. about 1835 ; died Jan. 4, 1903. m. William, son of James and Mary _McMillan. Lived near Biggsville, Ill. United Presbyterians; Republicans.
Children:-462 Charles W.; 462a Summer H.; 802 Carrie: 803 Jennie; 804 Mary; 805 James; 806 Zetta ; 807 Jessie; 808 Herbert I.
163. Small-Mahaffey, Ruth (32); m. Aug., 1865, William Mahaffey. She died Aug., 1884.
Children: John, Charles.
164. Winter, James (33); b. Sept. 30, and died Oct. 21, 1822.
Source: David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy