Mitchell, Margaret and David: Third Generation - Page 6
The following data is extracted from David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy.
Children:-292 John H; 293 Eliza J.
72. Bradfute-Knox, Mary Ellen (11), -116, 1:. 4th St., Newport, Ky. b. Aug. 27, 1840, at Clifton, O. m. April 11, 1871, John Bradfute, son of John and ,lean Knox, of Yellow Springs, O. He died July 20, 1876.
She resided at Yellow Springs till a few years ago, when she removed to Newport, where she resides with her daughter. Presbyterian.
Children:-294 Rebekah J.; 295 Lillian E.; 296 John B
73. Bradfute, Margaret (11); b. about 1812; died in infancy.
74. Bradfute, Sarah Ann (11) ; b, probably 1841, died, a young lady.
75. Espy, Thomas Patterson (14) ; b. Aug. 19, 1815, near Cedarville. m. June 10, 1840, Sarah Eliza Knox, who died June, 1849. Resided in Greene Co., O., till 1853, when he moved to Iowa and for the most of his day lived in Page Co. Married, in June, 1863, Mary E. Montzings, who died, 1889.
Farmer; Seceder and United Presbyterian; Abolitionist and Prohibitionist. The writer has a letter written by him. with the aid of an amanuensis, when he was fast 86 years old, in which he said he had cast in his lot with the Zionites (Dowie movement). He lived but a few months longer.
Children by first marriage:-297 Bruce; 297a Andrew H.; 298 Martha A.; 299 James Francis; 300 Mary M.; by second marriage: 301 John B.; 302 Sarah E.; 303 Mary A.
76. Espy, James Mitchell (I4) ; b. March 9, 1817; m. Feb. 15, 1843, dau. of David and Euphemia Brown, of Greene Co., near Jamestown. They resided near Cedarville on farm adjoining his mother's. Farmer ; Reformed Presbyterian; Republican.
Children:-304 Josiah B.; 305 David; 306 James W.
77. Espy, David (14) ; b. Feb. 15, 1819 ; died Aug. 11, 1819.
78. Espy, Josiah (14) ; b. July 1, 1820. Was in Merrill's troop of Horsemen; was wounded; died in 1869. He married Miss Mary Holmes, who survives him and lives in Ohio.
79. Espy, William (14) ; b. June 14, 1822, died Aug. 3, 1822.
80. Espy, Harvey Adams (14); b. Oct. 9, 1823; m. June 9, 1854, 168 Mary Anna, dau. of John and Nancy (Small)
Source: David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy