Mitchell, Margaret and David: Third Generation - Page 2
The following data is extracted from David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy.
Children: 217 William ; 218 Elder; 219 Charles; 219a Sarah; 220 Alice; 221 Lizzie; 221a John.
45. Laughead, Joseph Kyle (7); b. about 1815. m. about 1841, Catherine, dau. of George Galloway. He died in 1883, and she in 1884. Lived east of Xenia. Farmers ; United Presbyterians ; Republicans.
Children:-222 Elizabeth; 223 Isaac N.; 224 George G.
46. Laughead, James ('Y) ; m. Rebecca Galloway, dau. of George Galloway. His widow was living in 1885. One child, dying in infancy.
47. Laughead, William Chambers (7) ; "One of God's noblemen," so writes a cousin. He was preparing for the ministry when he passed away. Rev. I. N. Laughead reckons James and William C., as the "flowers of his father's family." man.
48. Laughead, Samuel (7) ; died when he was a young
49. Laughead, Thomas (7) ; b. 1821. m. Mary, dau. of David and Mary Anderson. Farmers ; United Presbyterians. Moved to Washington, Iowa.
Children:-225 Anderson; 226 Howard; 22'Y Etta; 228
Nancy; 229 Walter; and two others who died in infancy.
50. Laughead, Henry (7) ; died in his "teens." Vas a fine boy.
51. Laughead, John (7) ; died in childhood.
52. Laughead-Cassil, Emily (7) ; b. about 1812.m. James Cassil. Moved to Huntsville, Logan Co., O.
Children : One son, dying in infancy; four daughters, one of whom, the third, married a Mr. Edmonds, and was the mother of a son and daughter.
53. Laughead, Catherine (7) ; died, unmarried, having suffered many years with consumption.
54. Laughead-Bull, Margaret Mitchell (7) ; b. Nov. 10, 1822. m. Amos, son of James and Ann (Gowdy) Bull. Lived near Yellow Springs, O. He died May 17, 1902, and she, May, 1873. Farmers ; United Presbyterians ; Republicans.
Children : 230 Henrietta; 231 Emma J.; 232 James H.; 233 Elizabeth A.; 234 M. Frances; 235 David L.
A beautiful tribute is given this family in the "Laughead" booklet.
55. Laughead-Black, Eliza Ann ('Y) ; b. Nov. 16, 1825. m., late in life, Rev. William Black. Both are dead. United Presbyterians.
Source: David and Margaret Mitchell Genealogy