The following data is extracted from The Descendants of Thomas White.
Three children by Elizabeth: ——
SYMOND4 bapt. Aug. 6,17:32.
MARY4 bapt. March 31, 1734.
MARTHA4 bapt. March 21, 1735—6.
18. JOHN3 bapt. Sept. 14, 1701. Administration granted widow Mary, May 14,
1739. He m. first, July 21, 1731, Margaret Patten; m. second, July 4,1737,
widow Mary Mountfort.
19. JOSEPH3 b. Jan. 9,1704—5; d. before 1748, unm.
20. ELIZABETH3 b. May 16, 1709; in. April 30, 1730, William Bowden.
ELIZABETH4 bapt. March 14, 1730—1. April 15, 1733 SAMUEL4 bapt. May 1, 1737.
JOHN WHITE4 bapt. Fob. 11, 1738—9.
21. SAMUEL3 b. July 8,1711; before 1748.
22. BENJAMIN3 bapt. Feb. 9,1717—18; d. before 1748, unm.
(5) SAMUEL2 (Thomas’), born in. Marblehead about 1673; died 1722; fisherman. He made his will Sept. 7, 1722, which was proved Oct. 17th following, and wherein he mentions his wife Arabella, to whom he gives the improvement of all his real and personal estate, and the bringing up of his youngest son John. Also gives her liberty to sell two small parcels of land joining his brother John’s land. If wife Arabella dies before son John arrives at the age of 17, then he is to have the use of said estate till 17 years of age. He gives to his eldest son Joseph a double portion when 17 years of age. The balance of the estate to be divided among the rest of the children, Elizabeth, Mary and William. Son Joseph executor. Inventory of real estate, including a dwelling house and garden plot, £150 a piece of land at the ferry, £30; a small barn, £10 and a piece of land called the horse stable, £25. Personal estate, £55 4s.l0d. Total, £270 4s.10d
He m. Nov. 2, 1692, Arabella Pote, who entered into covenant with the first church, and was baptized Oct. 9,1698.
Nine children: —
23. SAMUEL3 bapt. Oct. 9,1698; d. prior to 1719. He m. Dec. 13, 1716, Lydia Hallet, who died about 1733. She m. second, Dec. 17, 1719, Mark Pitiman, son of _____ and Elizabeth, bapt. July 31,1698. A week prior to this marriage administration was granted her on the estate of her first husband, Samuel; she gave bonds with Mark Pitmam, of Marblehead, and John Clements, of Salem. This was Mr. Pitman’s second marriage; and after her decease he in. third, Oct. 1, 1735, Hannah Allen. Mr. White left no issue.
24. ELIZABETH3 bapt. Oct. 9, 1698; Walter Thorne. m. Oct. 1, 1719,
23. JOSEPH3 bapt. Apr. 13, 1701. Administration granted his widow, who
gave, bonds with William James, of Marblehead, and Dr. Joshua Burnham,
of Ipswich, Jan. 9, 1748—9 He m. Jan. 18, 1728—9, Elizabeth James; no
Source: The Descendants of Thomas White