Martin, Samuel (and James)
The following data is extracted from The Martin Genealogy .
N157 SAMUEL (AND JAMES) MARTIN: Came to America from Wigton, Scotland, in 1763 taking up land at Williamsport, Pa.; later settled in the vicinity of York, Pa.; it is uncertain whether Samuel or James was father of
(1) James: lived in Washington County, Pa., between the towns of Canonsburgh and Washington just off the Hill Highway in about 1790; moved to Mansfield, Ohio.
(A) Samuel: m. Mary McNary.
(a) William: 1. in Canonsburgh, Pa.; m.
1. Samuel: b. in Cannonsburgh, Pa.; m.; was president of the Pittsburgh College for Women, and later a professor at Princeton University, with his home at Easton, Pa.
A. Thomas: is a lawyer in New York City.
(b) James: lives in Mansfield, Ohio; m.
1.Samuel: lives in Des Moines, Iowa; m.; ch., James, Robert, Albert, and Ella.
2.Josiah: lives in Des Moines, Iowa.
3. William: lives in Mansfield, Ohio; m.; ch., Samuel, James,
Maurice E. Byron, Clarence, Minnie and Jeannette.
4. James: lives at Crestline, Ohio.
5. Margaret: in Crooks.
6. Sarah: in Sawhill.
7. Luella: in Wiley.
8. Kathryn: m. Craig.
(c) Isaac: was married.
1. Samuel: lives in Des Moines, Iowa.
(d) Sarah: unm.
Source: The Martin Genealogy