M. W. Sutton, attorney at law, of the firm of Sutton & Wenie. Mr. Sutton first came to Wellington, Sumner Co., Kan., in May, 1872, and practiced law until December of same year, when he went to Medicine Lodge, Barber County, and continued his profession until June 1,1876, thence located permanently in Dodge City, where
Gaede, Baker & Co., dealers in a general line of fancy dry goods, clothing and gents furnishing goods and livestock. They opened trade January 1, 1882, and carry a stock of $6,000 and employ one clerk in the business. The individual names of the firm are Richard Gaede, H. C. Baker and S. H. Fields.
Frederick T. M. Wenie, of the firm of Sutton & Wenie, attorneys-at-law. He is also engaged in the insurance, real estate and collection business. He first came to Dodge City, Kansas, in 1879, and clerked in the Quartermaster’s store at Fort Dodge until April 1, 1880, when he came to Dodge City and entered the