A meeting was called by the Presbytery of Idaho to be held in Baker City, January 5 and 6, 1884, at which all members and those in sympathy with the Presbyterian church of the United States, were invited to be present. Rev. C. H. Shields, of Union, having been invited, presided at the meeting.
The following named persons came forward and were duly constituted the first Presbyterian church of Baker City and asked that the name be placed on the roll of churches of the Presbytery of Idaho. John Edmunson, Mesdames Edmunson, Mitchell, McComas, Irland and Grey, John Edmunson was chosen ruling elder for three years. Mesdames Mitchell, McComas and Irland were elected trustees. Rev. J. S. Binghan was the first resident pastor.
In 1889 a church was erected on ground donated by the Ladies Aid society of the Presbyterian Church, southwest corner Fourth and Washington Streets. The building cost $4000, entailing a debt of $2900, which has since been paid and the church is clear of debt. Rev. Bingham was pastor until December ’89, when he was succeeded by J. Breuillett, who was succeeded by G. A. Hutchinson, July 5, 1890, who officiated until September 3, 1891.
The church was then without a pastor until July 17, 1892, the Rev. Theodore Hunter took charge. A Sabbath school has been maintained and recently a Young Peoples Endeavor society was instituted. The church membership numbers 51 persons. Church property valued at about $5000.