Approximately fourteen miles southeast of Baker, the Alder Creek Cemetery is located about three miles off U. S. Highway No. 30 on a high dry sagebrush bench. It is approximately three miles south of Pleasant Valley. The land for the cemetery was donated by an early settler of the area by the name of Johnson.
There are twenty-six graves in the cemetery including several wooden markers with no names or on which the names are no longer legible. Some of the graves are cared for but others are neglected, however, the cemetery does no need much care. Three known graves are as follows:
Johnson, John C. b. 1876; d. 1919
Johnson, William b. 1837; d. 1892
Park, W. J. Infant of S. & E.; small marker.
Our thanks to the Baker Family History Center for allowing us to use their copies of these cemetery records.