Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
William Kelly Morgan, engaged in the monument business in Muskogee, was born in Independence county, Arkansas, on the 2d of September, 1874.
Having completed his public school education he devoted his attention to farming until 1908, manifesting at all times that spirit of industry which has characterized him in his later commercial pursuits. He brought his land under a high state of cultivation and carried on the work of the farm until 1908, when he became engaged in general merchandising at Colegate, Oklahoma, where he remained for two and a half years. On the expiration of that period he turned his attention to the marble and granite business as a monument maker and in 1919 he came to Muskogee, where he has since carried on business under his own name, having his establishment at No. 217 South Cherokee street. Here he employs four men and is enjoying a good patronage, which is steadily growing by reason of the value and attractiveness of the work turned out. He has been the maker of some of the finest monuments seen in this section and his business is steadily growing.
In 1901 Mr. Morgan was united in marriage to Miss Stella Plummer, a granddaughter of Joseph R. Plummer, whose quarter strain of Indian blood makes him a prominent representative of the Choctaw Nation. Mr. and Mrs. Morgan have an interesting family of six children: Reginald, Beatrice, William K., Jr., Gilmer, Lorene and Woodrow Wilson. The parents are members of the First Methodist Episcopal Church, South, and Mr. Morgan is serving on the board of stewards. They take an active interest in the work of the church, doing all in their power to promote its growth and extend its influence. Mr. Morgan belongs to the Woodmen of the World.