Town of Afton, Chenango County, New York
Cook's Hotel was opened in December, 1878, by Nathaniel M.
Cook, the present proprietor, who in that year converted it to its present
use from a saloon which he had kept there since 1872.
The Central House is owned by Richard Munson and kept by Miles Parsons,
who became the proprietor in April, 1879.
The Sullivan House was built about fifty-six years ago by Josiah and
Alfred Wright, brothers, and is now owned by Erastus Sullivan, who has
kept it since March 10, 1869. He came here from Oneonta, his native place,
in 1845. A hotel which stood on the site of James Nickerson's residence
was previously kept by Madison Slater.
Afton | Chenango
Back to New
York Genealogy Center
Source: Taken in part from Smith, James H.,
History of Chenango and Madison Counties, New York. D. Mason &
Co. Syracuse, NY 1880.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]