The first bank in Afton was established in the winter of
1875, by Carver & Crassaus, who did business only one winter, in the
building now occupied as a saloon by Brower & Hunt. They were from
Bainbridge and continued their residence there.
Source: Taken in part from Smith, James H., History of Chenango and Madison Counties, New York. D. Mason & Co. Syracuse, NY 1880.
|[an error occurred while processing this directive]|