- Access Genealogy - http://www.accessgenealogy.com -
Hotels of Afton New York
Posted By Dennis On In New York | No Comments
Cook’s Hotel was opened in December, 1878, by Nathaniel M. Cook, the present proprietor, who in that year converted it to its present use from a saloon which he had kept there since 1872.
The Central House is owned by Richard Munson and kept by Miles Parsons, who became the proprietor in April, 1879.
The Sullivan House was built about fifty-six years ago by Josiah and Alfred Wright, brothers, and is now owned by Erastus Sullivan, who has kept it since March 10, 1869. He came here from Oneonta, his native place, in 1845. A hotel which stood on the site of James Nickerson’s residence was previously kept by Madison Slater.
Article printed from Access Genealogy: http://www.accessgenealogy.com
URL to article: http://www.accessgenealogy.com/new-york/hotels-of-afton-new-york.htm
Copyright © 2013 Access Genealogy (http://www.accessgenealogy.com/). All rights reserved.