- Access Genealogy - http://www.accessgenealogy.com -
Posted By Dennis On In New Hampshire | No Comments
WILLIAM3 ATWOOD (Joshua2, John1), brother of Joshua3-2, tenth son and seventeenth child of Joshua and Mehitable (Seva) Atwood, was b. Feb. 17, 1773, in Pelham; m. first, Dec. 29, 1799, Elizabeth Hall, dau. of James and Elizabeth (Barker) Hall, b. in Pelham Oct. 29, 1779, and d. in Cornish Sept. 15, 1831; m. second, Dec. 17, 1834, Mrs. Betsey (Tyler) King. He came to Cornish Flat about 1811, where he spent the rest of his life. A blacksmith, and built the brick shop still standing (1903). Also the two story dwelling house at the south end of the Common. He was identified with various business enterprises there. He d. March 7, 1842, aged 69. Children, all by first wife:
1. ELIZA, b. in Pelham April 21, 1801; m. March 20, 1822, Stephen Child of Cornish. Five children. (See Child.) She d. Dec. 31, 1891, aged 90.
2. MEHITABLE, b. in Pelham May 8, 1803, and d. May 25, 1828, aged 25.
3. WILLIAM, b. in Pelham Sept. 15, 1806.
4. DANIEL, b. in Pelham Sept. 16, 1808; d. June 10, 1812, by being crushed under a cart wheel.
5. SARAH, b. in Cornish Sept. 2, 1813; m. April 17, 1834, Henry Gould of Cornish. No children. Res. at the Flat (1900). She d. March 25, 1902. (See Gould.)
6. HARRIET NEWELL, b. in Cornish 26 Nov. 1816, and d. Dec. 9, 1851, aged 35. A teacher. Never m.
Article printed from Access Genealogy: http://www.accessgenealogy.com
URL to article: http://www.accessgenealogy.com/new-hampshire/william-atwood-2.htm
Copyright © 2013 Access Genealogy (http://www.accessgenealogy.com/). All rights reserved.