The Methodist Episcopal church, on Main street, Hinsdale, was organized in the fall of 1842, by Rev. Justin Spaulding, with six members. Rev. T. Furber was the first pastor. The first and present house of worship was erected of wood in 1876. The society has sixty members. The church originally cost $8,000, it present valuation. It will seat nearly 400 people comfortably, and the Sunday-school has about sixty members. The church is now under the pastoral care of Rev. Joseph L. Felt.