- Access Genealogy - http://www.accessgenealogy.com -
The First Universalist Church of Marlboro, NH
Posted By Dennis Partridge On In New Hampshire | No Comments
The First Universalist church of Marlboro, located at the village, was organized by Rev. J. V. Wilson, with forty members, in October, 1835, Rev. Edwin Davis being the first resident pastor. Their church building, a wood structure erected in 1850, will seat 250 persons, cost $2,000.00, and is valued at $5,000.00, The society has fifty members, with Rev. R. T. Polk, pastor. Fourteen pastors have been settled over this parish. The first, Rev. Mr. Davis, served two terms. The present pastor has served the longest term. Two died in the pastorate, Rev. W. A. Barrett and L. L. Record.
Article printed from Access Genealogy: http://www.accessgenealogy.com
URL to article: http://www.accessgenealogy.com/new-hampshire/the-first-universalist-church-of-marlboro-nh.htm
Copyright © 2013 Access Genealogy (http://www.accessgenealogy.com/). All rights reserved.