DR. ISAAC ALDEN, son of Dea. Daniel and brother of Jesse Alden, was b. Feb. 11., 1770. He studied medicine under his brother, Dr. Ebenezer Alden of Randolph, Mass. Settled as a physician in Orange, Vt., and afterwards in Chelsea, Vt., where be was much respected as a man and a citizen, but never acquired an extensive practice. At length he gave up medical pursuits and devoted himself to agriculture, living chiefly in Plainfield and Cornish. He was modest and retiring and had many virtues which were appreciated by those who knew him intimately. He m. Hannah Perry (another authority says Hannah Rice), b. in 1779, who survived him several years, dying in , being over 80 years
of age. He d. Aug. 25, 1845, and is buried in Cornish. Children:
1. ROXINDA b. March 20, 1803; m. May 15, 1826, Timothy White. Went to Ill. Three daus.
2. FIDELIA A., b. Aug. 12,1805; m. May 1, 1832, Moses Chase of Cornish. Eight children. (See Chase.) She d. March 11, 1864.
3. SARAH BASS, b. July 1, 1807; m. Morton. Went to Ill. She d. in 1861.
4. LEWIS, b. April 20, 1811, and d. in May, 1811.
5. ELIZA JANE, b. March 4, 1813; d. unm. Sept. 18, 1860.
6. HENRY BRADLEY, b. Aug. 7, 1815. Went to Ill., m. and had a family living there in 1860.