- Access Genealogy - http://www.accessgenealogy.com -
George C. Dean
Posted By Dennis Partridge On In New Hampshire | No Comments
The Deans of Cornish have descended from James Dean of Conn., who was a soldier of the Revolution, serving through the whole war. Was with Gen. Washington at Valley Forge during the memorable winter of 1777-78. Lived to the age of 102 years and died in Vt. Had six children. Among them was:
Elkanah2, b. in Bethel, Vt.; m. Naomi Goelet of Grantham; res. for a time in the family of Ebenezer Burr of Grantham (afterward Cornish). They had six children, three boys and three girls. One of the boys was:
1. George C. Dean3, born in Roxbury, Vt., Aug. 4, 1831; rem. when young to Bethel, where he resided until 1867, when he came to Cornish. While living in Bethel he m. March, 1855, Harriet A. Burr of Cornish, dau. of Ebenezer and Mary (Hall) Burr, b. Aug. 13, 1831. They res. in Cornish till the spring of 1885 when they rem. to Dakota Territory, going with a colony known as the Vermont colony, and engaged in grain growing, etc. The undertaking did not prove successful owing to several seasons of drought, grasshoppers, hail, etc. Mr. Dean d. there Feb. 19, 1894. The rest of the family, abandoning the idea of remaining there, returned East to Cornish. Children, b. in Bethel, Vt.
A. FRED A., b. April 7, 1853. A traveling salesman with various goods, chiefly nursery stock. Unm. in 1902. Res., No. Charlestown.
B. HERBERT G., b. July 31, 1860; m. Nov. 9, 1892, Alice C. Sanderson of Plainfield, dau. of Levi H. and Jane (Rawson) Sanderson, b. Oct. 12, 1871. Res. in No. Charlestown, engaged in farming. Have five children (1902):
1. Harold H., b. in Cornish Nov. 21, 1893.
2. Bernice C., b. in Cornish March 10, 1895.
3. Ethel F., b. in Cornish Sept. 2, 1896.
4. Dora J., b. in Charlestown July 7, 1899.
5. Marjorie Burr, b. in Charlestown Feb. 3, 1902.
Article printed from Access Genealogy: http://www.accessgenealogy.com
URL to article: http://www.accessgenealogy.com/new-hampshire/george-c-dean.htm
Copyright © 2013 Access Genealogy (http://www.accessgenealogy.com/). All rights reserved.