Mrs. Louisa Frances Richards is a lady of superior endowments, and her genial presence and graceful and courteous bearing make her everywhere welcomed. She is a Trustee of the Mercy Home at Manchester, a Trustee of the Women’s Hospital Aid Association in Concord, and also a member of the Reprisal Chapter of the Daughters of the Revolution of Newport. A writer in the work entitled “New Hampshire Women” justly remarks, “In church and society Mrs. Richards is an acknowledged power, while her delightful hospitality is a thing long to be remembered by those who have enjoyed it.” Like her husband, she has been a liberal giver. She has bestowed munificent gifts on the Orphans’ Home at Franklin, the Mercy Home at Manchester, the Women’s Hospital Aid Association at Concord, and the Congregational Mr. and Mrs. Richards recently celebrated the fiftieth anniversary of their wedding. On the occasion a brilliant reception was given by them to the townspeople and to near and remote relatives and friends, that will long be remembered as a notable social event in the history of the town.
Jeremiah W. Wilson, M.D., who was for fifty years a prominent physician of Contoocook, Merrimack County, was born January 11, 1816, in Salisbury, N.H. He was a descendant of Thomas Wilson, who came with his wife from Exeter, England, in 1633, and located in Roxbury, Mass. The line of descent was continued by Humphrey Wilson, born in 1628, who married Judith Hersey, and settled in Exeter, N.H.; Thomas Wilson, born May 20, 1672, who married Mary Light, and continued his residence in Exeter; Humphrey Wilson (second), born December 9, 1699, who married Mary Leavitt, and located in Brentwood, N.H.; Nathaniel Wilson, born June 24, 1739, who married Elizabeth Barker, and settled in Gilmanton, N.H.; and Job Wilson, M.D., born in Gilmanton, who was the father of Dr. Jeremiah W. Wilson.