Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
General James Reed was the only one of the proprietors of Fitzwilliam, named in the charter of 1773, who located here. He organized three com. panies for the Revolutionary war, and was one of the three colonels from New Hampshire, who fought at Bunker Hill. He continued with the army until he was afflicted with blindness, when he returned to Fitzwilliam, but after. wards removed to Fitchburg, Mass., where he died.