Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
F. Wegener, proprietor of the Norfolk House, is a native of Prussia. In 1851, he came to Jefferson County, Wis., and followed farming about three years; he then ran a saw-mill several years; sold this mill in 1859. He then opened a general store in Watertown, Wis., and continued this business about ten years. In 1870, he came to Norfolk, opened a boarding house and saloon, and three years later he built the Norfolk House, this being the first hotel built in Norfolk; has since carried on this business. He was married in 1854, to Amelia Hans, of Prussia. They have three children–Gustav, Edmund and Elizabeth, now Mrs. Widaman.