The subject of this sketch was born September 17, 1868, at Webber’s Falls, second son of Rev. Charles H. Campbell, a half-breed Cherokee and belonging to the Methodist Indian Mission Conference. His mother was a Miss Lowrey, a half-breed and granddaughter of Second Chief Mayor George Lowrey. William attended public school until he was twelve years of age, when he went to work for M. R. Brown, a druggist, at Fort Gibson. With him he remained four years, and went to school at the Presbyterian Mission, at Fort Gibson, for one year. After that he began serving his time to the saddlery and harness trade under David Andre, a Cherokee, and the first of his people who ever followed that business. Leaving Fort Gibson after eighteen months, he entered the employment of R. C. Fuller, at Tahlequah, where he remained two years, and in 1888 moved to Chouteau, where he began the saddlery business on his own resources, and is carrying it on at the present day. Mr. Campbell is a young man of gentlemanly appearance and affable manners. He is very fairly educated, and is looked upon as one of the finest workmen at his trade in the Indian Territory.