Terry A. Parkinson was born May 12, 1866, in Coffee County, Kansas, and is the eldest son of James Parkinson, a merchant of Okmulgee, Creek Nation, and Red Fork. His mother was a Miss E. J. Randall, of Missouri. Terry attended the public schools until fourteen years of age, after which he spent two years in the Missouri College, completing his education with a business course of two months’ duration in St. Louis. After this he became bookkeeper for his father at Okmulgee for one year, and then moved to the Red Fork store, where he remained four years. In the fall of 1888 Mr. Parkinson purchased 1,000 head of cattle (steers) and grazed them on the Cherokee Strip, marketing them the following summer. In 1890 he went to Wagoner, and there purchased a half interest in the mercantile business of Miller & Co. In February 1891, his father purchased the old half, and the firm is now known by the name of Parkinson & Co. They carry a stock of general merchandise amounting to about $10,000. On June 4, 1891, Mr. Parkinson married Miss Addie Cobb, daughter of J. B. Cobb, a Cherokee. Mr. Parkinson is an intelligent gentleman and a good businessman, and is highly thought of in the community. Mrs. Parkinson is a lady of great refinement and amiability, and is generally looked upon as one of the prettiest women in the country.