George W. Bell was born January 1858, the third son of Silas Bell and Mary Jane Grigsby. Silas Bell was a lieutenant in the Mexican War, and captain of Company C, Confederate army, and was killed at the battle of Wilson Creek, August 10, 1861. Dr. Bell’s parents were from Tennessee, emigrating to Dade County, Missouri, where he was born in 1858. The young man was educated at the neighborhood schools until 1876, when he went to the Dadeville graded school, where he remained one session, after which he began clerking in a drug store for Messrs. Davis & Baily, of Rock Prairie, Missouri. Here he commenced the study of medicine under Drs. A. P. Murphy and Appleby, under whose tuition he continued for two years; soon afterwards he purchased his employers’ interest in the drug business, which he moved in 1880, to Ozark County, Missouri, and commenced the practice of medicine. In 1887 he went to the American Medical College in St. Louis, which he attended for two sessions, coming to Tulsa, Indian Territory, in 1888, where he formed a partnership with J. C. W. Bland, M. D., of that place; this partnership continued until December 15, of the same year, when he was appointed resident physician of Nuyaka Mission, Creek Nation, under the superintendence of Mrs. Moore, which appointment he holds at the present time. In 1890 he opened an office and drug store in Okmulgee, which he also attends to, his mother, Mrs. Bell, a lady of kind and amiable disposition, living with him. The doctor is a refined gentleman, and possesses a thorough education, devoting a greater portion of his leisure to the study of his profession, to which he is devoted heart and soul; he is very popular and will doubtless make a mark in the world.