THOMAS L. ROBERTSON. A man’s life work is the measure of his success, and he is truly the most successful man who, turning his powers into the channel of an honorable purpose, accomplishes the object of his endeavor. In the study of every man’s life we find some mainspring of action, something he lives for. In Thomas L. Robertson it seems to have been an ambition to make the best use of his native and acquired powers, and to develop in him self a true manhood. A native of Stone County, born October 26, 1856, his early life was spent in Ozark, attending the schools of that place. Later he became a clerk in his father’s store, and when about twenty years of age went to St. Louis, where he was with a wholesale house for about a year and a half. Returning to Ozark he bought out the interest of Mr. Yoachum and embarked in business with his father. In the year 1874 he entered Drury College and there remained for about a year and a half, thus securing a good, practical education. The business in which he is now engaged is one of the oldest in Christian County, having been established in 1864, and they carry a fine line of dry goods, boots and shoes, hats and caps, clothing, etc., valued at about $10,000. This business is owned by the heirs of the estate and is under the general management of Thomas L. Robertson, assisted by his brother William L. Both are trustworthy and reliable business men and deserve the success that has attended their efforts.
Mr. Robertson is a Mason, a member of Friend Lodge No. 352, and has been master of the same for six years. He is also a member of the A. O. U. W. In politics he is Democratic and takes an active part in all such matters. He was married in Christian County to Miss Annie Lowing, daughter of W. A. Lowing, of Christian County, and a native of this county, born November 28, 1862. Two children, Linnie and Lola, are the fruits of this union. The family attend the Christian Church, of which both Mr. and Mrs. Robertson are members, and he is a member of the G. A. R. post at Ozark, which was named by Mr. Robertson.