ANDREW SHEPARDSON – His lifetime spent in the town of his birth, Andrew Shephardson, who passed away but a few short years ago, left behind him a name respected in the community for his industry and his upright character. A son of David and Emily (Grout) Shepardson, he was the fourth of seven children as
Levi Hodge, a native of Warwick, Mass., came to Stowe and located where his son, Russell C., now resides, and where he died in 1862, aged about seventy-five years. Russell C. is superintendent of the town poor farm, which is owned in union by the towns of Stowe, Morristown, and Johnson.
Daniel Watts, born in Warwick, Mass., came to Stowe about the year 1800. He had a family of nine children, Charles R., Caroline, widow of C. S. Hodge, and Chandler, reside in Stowe, and Fanny, the wife of Charles Conant, resides in the State of Michigan. Chandler Watts, 2d, born here March 1, 1839, enlisted
Elihu Town, from Warwick, Mass., came to Stowe in the spring of 1811, and located upon the farms now owned by Messrs. Kenyon and Ennis. He was married about two years previous to Miss Apphia Sprague. The union was blessed with six children, four sons and two daughters. Three are now living, Sopronia (Mrs. Stockwell),