The son of Honorable Reuben and Eunice (Dennison) Hatch, was born at Tunbridge, Vermont, May 23, 1788. He was educated at Dartmouth College, where he graduated in 1814, and studied medicine at the same institution, receiving the degree of M. D. in 1817. He settled in the practice of his profession at Norwich the same
Reuben Hatch was born at Preston, Connecticut, July 7, 1763, and came to Norwich at an early age with his father, Joseph Hatch. He entered Dartmouth College in 1782, but was unable to complete his course of studies there by reason of ill health. Afterwards he turned his attention to agricultural pursuits and became a
The Cushman family in New England dates from the year 1621, the first after the landing of the Pilgrims from the Mayflower, when Robert Cushman, who was a prominent leader and organizer of the Plymouth Colony, brought from England the earliest recruits and supplies to the wasted and famishing settlement. A century and a half
Simeon Curtis came to Norwich from Lebanon, Connecticut, as early as the year 1773, in which year he was elected one of the town assessors, and located near the south line of the town, on the farm where Henry S. Goddard now lives. Mr. Curtis died in 1779 at the age of fifty-eight years, and
Beverly Titus, a native of Tunbridge, Vt., came to Wolcott from Vershire, Vt., in 1832, and located upon the farm now owned by C. G. Moulton, on road 26. Mr. Titus reared a family of twelve children, several of whom are living, viz.: William C., in Oakland, Cal. , John H., and Mrs. Celia Titus
Leonard Thompson, born in 1812, came to Wolcott from Tunbridge, Vt., about forty-five years ago, and located on road 22. In February, 1862, he enlisted in Co. E, 8th Regt. Vt. Vols., was taken prisoner, and died at New Orleans in June, 1863.
Spencer S. Moody, born in Tunbridge, removed from there to Craftsbury, thence to Wolcott, and finally came to this town, in February, 1881, to reside with his son, Alson S., on road 69.
Charles F. Hale, with his father, Lewis, came to Stowe from Tunbridge, Vt., in 1841, and located in the southwestern part of the town, where he remained about twenty years, then removed to the Waterbury turnpike, about two miles southwest from Stowe village. After two or three other changes Mr. Hale located where he now