From 1890-1903, the Dedham Historical Society in Dedham Massachusetts printed a quarterly pamphlet for it’s historical society called the “Dedham Historical Register.” In this pamphlet a variety of genealogical data was published on families of Dedham and the villages emanating from the early residents of Dedham, such as Dorchester, Franklin, Medfield, Medway, Needham, and Sharon, etc.
The Lothrop family, of which the late Frederick Lothrop Ames was a descendant on his mother’s side, is an old family of Massachusetts. The name Lowthrop, Lothrop or Lathrop is derived from Lowthrope, a small parish in the wapentake of Dickering, East Riding of Yorkshire, England, four and a half miles northeast from Great Driffield, and a perpetual curacy in the archdeaconry of York. The church there was an ancient institution, said to have been built about the time of Edward III., although there has been no institution to it since 1579.
Richard Bishop, of Salem was a husbandman. He married, first, before 1635, Dulzebella ____, who was born about 1607. She died in Salem 23 (24): 6: 1658; and he married, second, Mary Gould 22: 5: 1660. His wife Mary was born about 1611. He died in Salem 30: 10: 1674; and his widow Mary married
Henry West Lot Col. John Hathorne conveyed this lot to Henry West of Salem May 19, 1699.1 Mr. West died possessed of the lot in 1703, having devised it to his son Samuel West in his will, which, though well and strong, he made, “considering the many sudden deaths that are of late,” Feb. 3,
Estate of George Corwin House, and Estate of George Corwin and Jonathan Corwin Lots. These three lots contained four acres, and were a pasture belonging to Rev. Hugh Peter, the pastor of the First church in Salem, and subsequently a regicide, early in the settlement, probably having been granted to him by the town. After
The house and lot of Mrs. Elizabeth Tawley was originally the estate of Dr. George Emery, an early surgeon of Salem. He was living in Salem in 1637, owned this land in 1652, and lived in this house as early as 1657. May 1, 1677, in consideration of good will, he conveyed the house and
Jonas Adams married Sarah Jefferds (both of Salem) (published July 5, 1729), and lived in Salem. His will was made Dec. 22, 1756; and proved May 16, 1757. He was a mariner, and after his death his widow conducted an inn. Her will was made March 20, 1780; and proved July 12, 1786. Children: Elizabeth
This is the genealogy of Edward D. Baker of Salem Massachusetts proving descent from Alfred the Great, King of England. ALFRED THE GREAT, KING OF ENGLAND, father of: PRINCESS ETHELWIDA: m. Baldwin II, Count of Flanders. Their son was: JOHN DE BURGO: Earl Comyn, Baron Tourburgh. HARLOWEN DE BURGO: who had: ROBERT DE BuRGO: Earl of Cornwall
Rev. George1 Phillips, the first settled minister at Watertown, came to New England in ship Arbella, with his friends Gov. Winthrop and Sir Richard Saltonstall. He was grad. of Gaius Coll., Cambridge, A.B. 1613, A.M. 1617; landed at Salem, Mass., June 12, 1630; wife Elizabeth [Sergent] Phillips d. soon after arrival, and was buried in
JOHN ABBE, settled in Salem, Mass. He was entered as “Inhabitant” ye 2nd of 11 month 1636.” His wife, Mary Loring, died in Wenham, Mass., Sept. 9, 1662. He then married Mary, widow of Robert Goldsmith, Nov. 25, 1674. He was granted land most of which was situated in Enon, that part afterwards called Wenham,