Horace Powers, from Croydon, N. H., came to this town in 1832. He first located at the Four Corners, where he remained until 1856, then removed to Morrisville, where he died, in December, 1867. He was a physician and surgeon by profession, and practiced until his death. In 1833, he married Love E. Gillman, who
Jonathan Douglass, from Richmond, Vt., came here in 1825, and located upon the farm he now occupies, on road 71. He married Sally Cole and reared ten children, six of whom are living.
Rev. Septimus Robinson, a Congregational minister, came to this town in 1835. He was pastor of the Congregational church for twenty-five, years, and died in 1860. Six of his seven children now are living, one, James C., in this town. He has been postmaster at Morrisville since 1865.
F. T, George was born in Stowe, Vt., February 6, 1811, a son of Caleb, who was one of the early settlers of that town. In 1832, he came to this town, where he has since resided. He married Mary Atherton, and has been blessed with a family of three children, Josiah A., Harriet E.,
Baruch Darling was born in Croydon, N. H., January 10, 1799, and came to this town in 1835, and settled upon the farm he now occupies. He married Martha Shaw and reared a family of six children, five of whom are now living, four in this town. Mrs. Darling died September 27, 1882, aged eighty-four
John Goodrich located in Wolcott about 1839, where he married Amanda Ferrin and reared a family of seven children. In 1849, he came to this town, and, in 1855, located upon the farm now owned by his son George, on road 47. He died at Brattleboro, Vt., in 1873.
Sewell Baker, from Waterford, Vt., came to this town in 1842, and located upon the farm now owned by Bliss C. Goodale. He married Betsey Brown, and they had born to them five children, four of whom are now living.
Nehemiah French, born in New Hampshire in 1793, came to this town from Elmore, Vt., in 1842, and located upon the farm now owned by J. M. Green, on road 29. In 1819, he married Esther Green, who has borne him eight children, four of whom are living. Mr. French is now, at the age
Rev. John Gleed,, a Congregational minister, preached in different parts of the county about eighteen years, then, in 1858, gave up the ministry and located in this town, where he remained until his death, in September, 1869. Thomas, son of John, was born in England, received a common school education, studied law with L. D.
Jacob Bates was born in Thompson, Conn., May 7, 1790, served in the war of 1812, and came to this town in 1865, locating upon the farm now owned by his son, George N., where he died, January 21, 1878.