Reuben Whitcomb, from Orange county, came to Johnson in 129, and located in the eastern part of the town, where his grandsons, C. R. and Frank Whitcomb, now reside. He married Mary French and reared a family of five children, Eliza M., Raymond, Reuben, Frederick, and Louis J.
Perly Clark, from Connecticut, came to Johnson previous to 1800, and located near Perkinsville, where he resided, about thirty years, thenn went to Brookfield, Mass., remained eighteen years, then returned to Johnson and remained until four years previous to his death, which occurred at Brookfield, at the age of ninety-seven years. James D., grandson of
Josiah Morgan, from New Hampshire, came into Johnson about 1810, and located on road 19, where he remained a few years, then removed to Canada, where he died, leaving a family of five sons. In 1832, Benjamin 0., the third child, came back to Johnson, and, in 1848, located upon the place he now occupies,
William McLenathan came to Johnson from New Hampshire about 1827, and settled in the eastern part of the town, where he ded in 1897, aged seventy years. His eldest son, William, now resides here.
Asa Andrews, from New Boston, N. H., came to Johnson in 1828, and settled upon a farm near the central part of the town, where he died, in 1871, aged seventy-four years.