James Lucas came to Hyde Park, from Ireland, in 1845, and located upon the farm he still occupies, on road 28, where he is one of the prosperous farmers of the town. Mr. Lucas says he is the third Irishman that settled in the town.
Russel S. Page, now residing in Hyde Park, was born in this town May 21, 1813. He married Martha Maloma Smalley, daughter of Francis Smalley and granddaughter of Capt. Jed Hyde, in January, 1840. Their living children are Carroll Smalley, merchant, who married Ellen F. Patch, daughter of T. H. Patch, of Johnson , Alice
Benjamin Cleveland came to Hyde Park, from Woodstock, Vt., about 1801, and located upon the farm now owned by A. Cowen, on road 4. For his first wife he married Sally Bruce, by whom he had two sons, Lysander and Orange. For his second wife, he married Rebecca Slocum, by whom he had ten children.
Leander S. Small, son of George and Orpah Small, was born in Morristown, December 3, 1820. He was educated to agricultural pursuits by his parents, together with such other knowledge as could be acquired in the common schools and his own reading. At the age of twenty-one years he entered the law office of Butler
James Cobleigh, from Athens, Vt., came to Hyde Park in 1820, and located upon the farm now owned by Charles Holbrook, on road 19. He had a family of seven children, three of whom, Alanson, Ira, and John, now reside in the town. Alanson has been constable and collector for the past four years. James
Simeon Whitcomb, from Washington, Vt., came to Hyde Park in 1825, locating in the western. part of the town. He married Betsey Young, the union being blessed with a family of eight children, five of whom, Thomas, Sylvester G., Sally, Harriet, and Louisa, now reside in the town.