Baker City, Baker County, Oregon Thomas W. Dryden, 95, of Baker City, died Jan. 2, 2003, at St. Elizabeth Health Care Center. At his request, there will be no funeral services. Disposition was by cremation at Gray’s West Pioneer Crematory. Mr. Dryden was born Feb. 16, 1907, in Dodge City, Kan., to Charles W. Dryden
James B. Jones, M. D. For almost a half century Dr. James B. Jones had been in the active practice of his noble profession in Anderson County, Kansas, and while widely known and universally appreciated in other honorable capacities, it is as the skilled and experienced physician and surgeon that his people love him most.
T.J.V. CLARK. – Mr. Clark, a portrait of whom will be found within these pages, is a man substantial and popular, greatly given to building up the city of his residence, and always inventing ways and means of increasing the quantity and variety of products in the surrounding country. Yakima county owes much to him
Justus Otho Hall is superintendent of schools at Hutchinson. By his work and influence there and elsewhere he is one of the leading educators of Kansas today. Mr. Hall had been active in school work almost twenty years. Born near Warner, Ohio, February 27, 1870, he came with his parents to Kansas at the age
M. R. Draper, manager of the Dodge City branch of the York, Parker & Draper Mercantile Company. The company was incorporated under the laws of Missouri in 1881, with a paid-up capital of $150,000. Now have a surplus of $150,000. They deal in general merchandise and livestock, and carry a general average stock of merchandise
H. L. Sitler, came to Dodge City, Kans., in 1868, and engaged in freighting for the United States government, and contracting, until 1876. He then engaged in the stock business, and continued until 1882. He is one of the stockholders of the Dodge City Bank. He has since the spring of 1882, retired from business.
George S. Emerson, dealer in general merchandise, opened trade in Dodge City in the spring of 1880, and carried on the start a stock of $6,000. He now carries a stock of $14,000 and employs six clerks. He engaged in the stock business in 1876, establishing a ranch in Clark County; has since sold his
W. J. Spencer, clerk in dry goods house of Wright, Beverly & Co. He serves as shipping and receiving clerk. He came to Kansas in 1863 as a private of Company G, Second Colorado Cavalry and assisted to establish Fort Dodge. He enlisted in July, 1862, in Company I, Second Colorado Cavalry, and served one
Herman J. Fringer, Probate Judge and Assistant Cashier Bank of Dodge City. He also deals in a general stock of drugs and medicines. Opened drug trade in 1872, and carries a general stock of $4,000. He first came to Fort Dodge as Quartermaster’s clerk in 1867, and after some time clerked in a sutler store,
M. W. Sutton, attorney at law, of the firm of Sutton & Wenie. Mr. Sutton first came to Wellington, Sumner Co., Kan., in May, 1872, and practiced law until December of same year, when he went to Medicine Lodge, Barber County, and continued his profession until June 1,1876, thence located permanently in Dodge City, where