B. H. Vance, D. V. S., is regarded as the foremost veterinarian in Cloud County, and is now successfully established with his partner, Doctor Kiger, as proprietors of the Concordia Veterinary Hospital. This hospital had been in existence at Concordia since it was established by Doctor Colderwell in 1904. In 1912 Doctor Colderwell sold the
A. W. King. The Concordia Monumental Works is one of the leading enterprises of the kind in Cloud County and all Northern Kansas. It was established April 1, 1915, by the firm of Perkins & King. Mr. Perkins had been in business for himself at Concordia from 1911 to 1915. The partners are now Mr.
J. M. Sanger is manager of the Concordia Bottling Works. As this is a business which contributes to the larger commercial relations of Concordia and the surrounding territory, Mr. Sanger’s business position is accordingly one of influence and importance. The bottling works were established by E. J. Messal in 1884, and thus the business had
G. J. Kiger, D. V. M., who is associated with Dr. B. H. Vance as proprietors of the Concordia Veterinary Hospital, is a veterinary of thorough training and of unusual natural gifts for successful professional work. He was born in Kansas in 1889, a son of G. W. and Hannah Kiger. His parents came to
Katherine E. Wrong. It is a fact established by experience and observation that in many positions to which women have in recent years become qualifled by a changing view of their social rights and abilities, sconomy and efficiency have been the gratifying results of their administration. Many instances of this could be found in the
William C. Christensen, now living retired at Topeka, had well earned a niche in the honorable and industrious citizenship of Kansas. He was one of the real upbuilders of western Kansas, and his family played a specially notable part in the development of Cloud County. A native of Denmark, he was born November 7, 1857.
Vernon H. Branch of Wichita has had a successful career as a banker in Kansas covering a period of more than thirty-five years. In that time he has been officially identified with a number of important banks in different parts of the state, but is now concentrating all his efforts along the line of investment
Ralph M. McKee is superintendent of the consolidated city schools at Neal in Greenwood County. He is one of the younger men engaged in educational work in Kansas, and had a highly creditable record for the work he had already done and stands high both among his fellow teachers and in his home community. Mr.
William C. Roughton, editor and proprietor of the Manchester Motor in Dickinson County, with his wife as local editor, had been identified either with the printing trade or with newspaper work since early boyhood. His father was at one time proprietor of the Jetmore Republican. The Roughton family is one of the earliest names that
Walter E. Wilson, banker and business man at Washington, is the present bank commissioner of Kansas. His appointment had brought additional credit upon Governor Capper’s administration as one of those that reflect thorough business administration of state affairs. A native of Kansas and of a pioneer family, Mr. Wilson was born at Manhattan August 21,