Timothy Terrill, from Fletcher, Vt., came to Morristown in the autumn of 1817, resided here until 1828, when he removed to Underhill, where he died, about 1833. Moses, son of Timothy, born May 9, 1799, came here with his father and located upon the farm now owned by his son, N. A. Terrill, on road
Jonathan Douglass, from Richmond, Vt., came here in 1825, and located upon the farm he now occupies, on road 71. He married Sally Cole and reared ten children, six of whom are living.
William Smith, a native of Hartford, Conn., immigrated to Williston, Vt., at an early date, where he married Anna Blanchard, and a few years later, about ,806, came to this town and located upon the farm now occupied by his grandsons, where he resided until his death, at the age of fifty-nine years. He had
William R. Cheeney, horn in Westford, Vt., came to Stowe, in March, 1818, and located on road 42, where Orlo B. Town now resides. About the year 1850, he removed to road 41, where he died, July 9, 1881, in the seventieth year of his age. His widow, Olive E. Savage Cheeney, resides with her
Reuben Alger, born in Richmond, Vt., carne to Stowe in 1841, locating on road 63. He subsequently removed to the village, and finally located on road 41, upon the farm now owned by his son, Wilmot R., where he died, in 1880, aged sixty-three years.
Jonas Hobart, from Hollis, N. H., came to Westford, Vt., in 1800, where he spent the remainder of his life. Charles, his fifth child, born in 1816, came to Cambridge in 1877, and took up his residence on the place owned for many years by his grandfather, Francis Faxon.