Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
GEORGE B. LEWIS is the eighth of a family of eleven children, born to Williamson V. and Clarkie Lewis (nee Bell). These parents were each natives of Chatham County, N. C., where they grew to maturity and were married. They removed to Tennessee and settled in Robertson County in 1819. There the mother died August 4, 1831. The father died in Weakley County, Tenn., in 1874, at the age of eighty-three years. His second marriage was to Sarah P. Freeman, by whom he had eight children. George B. was born in Robertson County, Tenn., February 8, 1824. He was reared to manhood in his native county, and after a residence of a few years in New Providence, Tenn., he removed, in 1851, to Elkton, Todd County, which has been his home most of the years since. He is now engaged in the mercantile business on the north side of public square, and is the owner and proprietor of the Elkton City Mills. He was married in 1852 to Miss Lizzie Kennedy, daughter of Esq. W. T. Kennedy, who was born in Todd County in December, 1830. Their family consists of seven children, viz.: Anna B., Mary C. (wife of Robert B. Kendall), Mattie P. (wife of B. E. Boone), Emma G., Laura T., Lizzie J. and Herbert G. Lewis. Robert B. Kendall was born in 1843, in Mississippi. He was united in marriage to Mary C. Lewis, which union has resulted in the birth of four children: Flora Bell, Lizzie K., Jessie and George Lewis Kendall.