Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Bradshaw, George T. dealer in grain, coal, flour, feed, paints, etc., opened business in 1876. The firm of Knight, Bradshaw & Potter are proprietors of Fairport Flouring Mills, which are located at Fairport, fifteen miles northwest of Russell. These mills are 38×40 feet, three stories high, built of stone in 1879, at a cost of $12,000. The mills are propelled by both steam and water. The capacity is sixty barrels in twenty-four hours. Mr. Bradshaw first came to Russell in April, 1871, with the Northwestern Colony.
He was born in Schenectady County, N. Y., in 1836, and reared on a farm. He moved to Waupun, Wis., in January, 1867, where he was principal of South Ward School two years. He then clerked for a grain firm two years. He graduated in the Jonesville Seminary, Saratoga, N.Y. He was a member of freshmen, sophomore and junior classes of Union College, Schenectady, N. Y.
He was married in 1863 to Miss D. O. Weld, of Wells, Hamilton Co., N. Y. They have two children, Marion and Charles W. He is a member of A. O. U. W., Pioneer Lodge, No. 43.