Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
P.H. Hankins and J.Y. Campfield, of the firm of P.H. Hankins & Co., dealers in lumber, coal, lime and agricultural implements, established business in 1879. Their office and yards are on the west side of the railroad track, near the depot. They are agents for the Grand Detour goods, McCormick and Champion reapers and other leading manufactures.
A.H. Hendrickson, proprietor of the Hendrickson House, was born in Oswego county, N.Y., in Jan., 1836; moved to McHenry county, Ill., in 1856, was engaged in the hotel business two years, then in the stock business until 1868; then moved to Sac City, engaged in mercantile business for two years; then engaged in hotel business for a time, after which he farmed for two years. In Feb., 1875, he purchased the hotel which he now owns. He enlarged the building in 1881 making it the largest hotel in the city.