JAMES H. LARMORE. Born near Arcola, Douglass County, Illinois, September 26, 1874, the youngest son of Matthew T. and Mary ( Wild- ridge) Larmore. The father was born in Hamilton County, Ohio, August 15, 1832, the mother in Franklin County, Indiana, January 1, 1834.
The son attended the common schools of Indiana and graduated in 1891, after which he spent some years on the farm, reading law in the winter, and one year in the office of Lovett & Holloway, Anderson, Indiana, up to 1898, when he engaged in the insurance business, locating in Pendleton, Indiana. He continued there for a period of about three years, after which time he moved to Anderson, Indiana, and engaged in the same business with the old firm of Jackson & Burr, it being known after his connection therewith as The Jackson-Burr Company, which continued in the insurance business from the time of his connection to the first day of January, 1913, when the company was consolidated with the Farmers Trust Company, of which Mr. Larmore is now a stockholder and on its Board of Directors. He is also State Agent for Indiana and Illinois for the Norwich Union Fire Insurance Society, having held this position since 1904.
He was married to Laura A. Lewis, October 16, 1901. Laura A. Lewis was the daughter of James M. and Eliza M. Lewis of Markle- vine, Indiana. Mr. and Mrs. Larmore have three children, two daughters and a son, Eliza Agnes, Mary Louise and James Matthew. The father of Mr. Larmore is still living at the age of eighty-one, the mother having died at the age of seventy-seven years. The home of the Larmore family is at 300 West Thirteenth Street, Anderson, Indiana.