Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Charles Hauck, the well-known dealer in horses, mules and cattle, was born May 31, 1864, in Ste. Genevieve, Mo. He attended the parochial and public schools, and after leaving school became an apprentice of Louis Naumann, learning the butcher trade. He followed this trade in Ste. Genevieve until 1889, when he came to Prairie du Rocher with strong arms and a willing heart and started a meat market in this place. He bought cattle and did his own work slaughtering. Later he began dealing in horses and mules. He assisted in organizing the bank in 1906 and has been director since.
On August 8, 1888, he married Miss Mary Sucher. One son, Archibald N., came to bless the home.
Mr. Hauck is a Democrat, a trustee of the village for twenty-two years; director of the State Bank of Prairie du Rocher, and trustee and treasurer of the Commons, and is rated as one of the substantial citizens of Prairie du Rocher. Illinois.
He built a large home. In 1899 he bought 190 acres of fertile soil and built three big barns. Mr. Hauck, buying stock for a radius of over 30 miles, is well and favorably known. He is a member of Fort Chartres Association, and is also known to be a good supporter of the Catholic Church.
Mrs. Hauck (nee Mary Sucher) was born on a farm near Ste. Genevieve September 19, 1866, and is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Sucher of near Ste. Genevieve, Mo.