Thomas Jefferson Wilson was born in. Barren Co., Ky., on Nov. 22, 1825, and moved to Greensburg, Green Co., Ky., in 1847, where, on June 8, 1848, he was married to Lucy Ann Hutchason; he was a wagon-maker by trade; Lucy Ann Hutchason was born in Greensburg, Ky., on June 27, 1826; in April, 1857, Mr. Wilson removed with his family to Charleston, Ill., where he went into the employ of L. R. & B. M. Hutchason, his brothers-in-law, who were in the dry goods trade. On Jan. 12, 1859, his wife died in Charleston. In 1860, he began business for himself, by buying the stock of dry goods owned by Jos. Peyton, in Charleston, and he removed his stock of goods, in 1861, to Ashmore; there, by his methods of fair dealing and strict integrity in business, he soon established a flourishing trade, and became extensively known over the eastern portion of the county; he died in Ashmore on Oct. 12, 1865, and lies buried by the side of his wife, in the old cemetery near Charleston. He and his wife were both members of the Christian Church, and he was an Elder in the same while a resident of Charleston; both their lives were those of the most exemplary Christians, and they were respected, trusted and beloved where-ever they were known.