Scott Wilson Elaine is one of the fortunate younger men of Champaign County who elected to remain on the land where they grew up as children and have prospered exceedingly by the increasing fruitage and value of farm productive efforts.
Mr. Elaine was born September 15, 1874, on his father’s farm in section 27 of Champaign Township. That is his present home and by due diligence and ‘careful management he has surrounded himself with many of the best comforts and conveniences of modern rural life in this rich and prosperous section of eastern Illinois.
His parents were Edward W. and Sarah (Wilson) Elaine, both natives of Pennsylvania. His parents came out to Champaign County in 1865, and at that date located in section 27 of Champaign Township. Here the father died September 15, 1914, and the mother passed away in 1899.
They were the parents of five children: Shield, of Champaign; Walter, a physician now practicing at Tuscola; Scott W.; Edith, wife of Harvey English, of Champaign; Edna, wife of Myrl Deck, of Peoria.
With brief exceptions Scott Wilson Elaine has lived his entire lifetime so far on the place with which his first conscious recollections are associated. The country schools in that vicinity gave him his education and by his early training he was well fitted when he arrived at his majority to compete for success with the other farmers of the community. He now owns 100 acres of the old homestead and has it well improved. His home is located on rural route No. 1 out of Champaign. Mr. Elaine is a Republican, is a member of the Presbyterian Church, and is now serving as a director of the school board.
On February 24, 1904, he married Miss Sadie Dunn, a native of Michigan. They are the parents of three children: Irma, Edward Wilson and Mary Edith.