Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Born at Depauville, Jefferson County, New York, January 28, 1874, Edgar H. Wilson came to Moline, Illinois, with his parents, George T. and Mary E. Wilson, in the year 1892. He was educated in Lowville Academy, Lowville, New York. Leaving school at the age of seventeen he entered the service of Grant & Mould, grocers, at Watertown, New York, with whom he remained for three years when the family moved west.
Arriving at Moline, Mr. Wilson was employed as clerk in the grocery store of George L. Benson at 1620 Third Avenue; at the expiration of three years he purchased the stock and fixtures of Mr. Benson and conducted the business on his own hook until September, 1902, when he, in company with C. W. Wright, organized the Wright Carriage Body Company and built that well known plant with Mr. Wright as Manager and Mr. Wilson as Secretary and Treasurer. Since Mr. Wright’s retirement from the concern in 1904 Mr. Wilson has been in sole charge of factory and office.
In the year 1898, on Thanksgiving Day, Mr. Wilson was joined in marriage to Miss Emma Wright, daughter of C. W. Wright, of the above Company. In politics Mr. Wilson is a Republican; he is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church, where he officiates as organist; he is also a member of the Young Men’s Christian Association, and of the Doric Lodge, No. 319, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons.