Adriel Primitive Baptist Church
The following data is extracted from Pulaski County, Georgia, Churches and Chruch work.
Before writing anything concerning Adriel Church we will first tell the reason it came into existence.
Mount Horeb Church was established October 15, 1809, by some of the earliest Baptist settlers of Pulaski County. It was on February 14, 1844, that Brother Joe Burkhalter nailed and locked up the doors of historic old Mount Horeb Church to prevent the entrance of the members of that church who adopted missionary sentiments. Mount Horeb was then located near the present site of Centenary Methodist Church. Mr. Burkhalter was perhaps a deacon of Mount Horeb. He feared the religious innovations of the times and determined to resist such incursions on the ancient order of things. He acted with decision and resolution and forced the missionary element of the congregation to retire.
Churches of other denominations sprang up in the neighborhood of old Mount Horeb. It is presumed that the center of population for the Mount Horeb membership shifted, and so it was moved to a location near the plantation of the late Jacob Blount. This second site is now owned by the Dr. J. B. Peacock estate. Mount Horeb remained in its new home for a number of years. But it seemed that the center of population for its members had again shifted. So, about the year 1910 Mount Horeb Church was again moved. This time the church was moved to Empire, in Dodge County. This last removal left the section about Hawkinsville without a church of this denomination. Therefore, Adriel Church was organized in 1911 in Hawkinsville. The following members constituted the church: Elder John M. Woodward, Miss Annie Jennings, and Mrs. Siddie C. Collins.
Adriel has a good building, well furnished, and holds services once a month. Elder John M. Woodward has served as pastor continuously since its organization.
Source: Pulaski County, Georgia, Churches and Chruch work