- Access Genealogy - http://www.accessgenealogy.com -
Thomas Jefferson Todd of Nebraska
Posted By Dennis Partridge On In Genealogy,Indiana,Nebraska,New York,Ohio | No Comments
Thomas Jefferson Todd6, (Caleb5, Gideon4, Gideon3, Michael2, Christopher1) born March 11, 1803, at Fairfield, Herkimer County, N. Y., died Aug. 10, 1880, at Plattsmouth, Neb., married May 12, 1830, Mary Smith at Kiantone, Chautauqua County, N. Y. In the year 1832, they removed to Jamestown, N. Y.; in 1836 they went to Geauga County, Ohio; thence in 1839 to Carrol County, Ohio; then in 1841 they went to De Wittville, N. Y., to the farm originally owned by Caleb Todd and which was bought by him from the Holland Land Company, and which farm is now owned by Chautauqua County and is occupied as a County Poor Farm. In 1844, they removed to Monroe County, Ohio; thence in 1847 to Owen County, Ind., where he bought 80 acres of old growth timber land, which was cleared off by his sons Frederick P. and Ami B. Todd. While he was living in Indiana, he was generally engaged in erecting large hotels and mills for the manufacture of flour. He practiced medicine three years while residing in Monroe County, Ohio. In the year 1857, he moved with two ox teams across the States to Nebraska, having been fifty-five days in making the journey, landing on the East bank of the Missouri River, May 25, 1857, soon crossing over to the west bank in the territory of Nebraska. Otoe Indians were still living there but were removed by the government the same year. He took up 160 acres of land west of Plattsmouth, Neb., where he and family lived in a sod house in the bluff for the first year. About the year 1876, he sold this farm and moved into Plattsmouth, where he died four years later.
988. Mary E., b. July 8, 1831, at Carrol, N. Y., d. Dec. 18, 1877, m. Feb. 24, 1847, Samuel Twiss in Monroe County, Ohio. They had seven children.
*989. Edwin R., b. Oct. 10, 1833.
990. Emeline P., b. Oct. 13, 1834, in Huron County, Ohio, m. Oct. 1858, George W. Mayfield; they resided at Louisville, Neb. at one time.
*991. Frederick P., b. June 24, 1837.
992. Elizabeth, b. 1839, d. May 13, 1841.
993. Ami B., b. April 9, 1842, m. first, May 16, 1871, Maggie Thomas who was b. Nov. 10, 1838, d. Feb. 1, 1888, m. second, Mrs. Lydia B. Foster of Denver, Col.
Article printed from Access Genealogy: http://www.accessgenealogy.com
URL to article: http://www.accessgenealogy.com/genealogy/thomas-jefferson-todd-of-nebraska.htm
Copyright © 2013 Access Genealogy (http://www.accessgenealogy.com/). All rights reserved.