- Access Genealogy - http://www.accessgenealogy.com -
Sir John Davis of Hollywood, Glouestershire, England
Posted By Dennis Partridge On In Genealogy | No Comments
B107 SIR JOHN DAVIS: 1st Bart.; K. C. B.; of Hollywood, Co. Gloucester; D.C.L. Oxford; F.R.S.; sometime H.M. plenipotentiary in China; gov. and comm-in-chief in Hongkong; b. 1795; created bart., 1845; m (1) 1822, Emily (dau. of Lieut-Col. Richard Hurnfravs, Bengal, India)
(1) Sullivan Francis: acting judge, Arrah, Bengal; b. 1827; m. 1861, Agnes Maria (dan. Capt. John Forhes-Middleton); (d.s.p.v.p., 1862.
(2) Henrietta Anne: d. unm., 1909.
(3) Emily Nowell: b. 1823; m. 1851, Rev. D. A. Beaufort. Issue.
(4) Florence: m. 1863, Lieut-Col.; J. B. Lind, Bengal, N. I.; d. 1914; issue.
m. (2) 1867, Lucy Ellen (dau. Rev. T. J. Rocke, vicar of Exmouth); d. 1890.
(1) Francis Baileau (Sir): 2nd and last Bart.; b. 1871; m. 1891, Ella Alice (dau. Ed. Lockwood, of Kingham, Chipping Norton); d.s.p., 1896; baronetcy became extinct.
C108 DAVID DAVIES: of Blaengwawr, Aberdare; m. Mary (dau. of Lewis); d. 1867.
C109 LEWIS DAVIS: of Bryn-Derwen; m. 1858, Mary Ann (dau. Thomas Cross, of Bryn-Hyrfryd); d. 1888.
C110 THE LATE FREDERICK LEWIS DAVIS: B.A.; LL.B., Camb; of Bryn-Derwen, Co. Glamorgan; J. P. and County Alderman; High Sheriff, 1890; Barrister-at-Law; b. 1863; m. 1889, Helen Brydie (dau. Rob’t Smith, of Brentham Park, Stirling); d. 1920.
(1) Lewis Frederick: b. 1891.
(2) Alistair Jeffries: b. 1900.
D111a SAMUEL DAVIS: Esq. of Swerford; d. 1874.
D112b ROBERT SNOW BOLTON DAW5: Esq. of Swerford Park, Co. Oxford, J. P., and Lord of the Manor of Swerford; m. Sophia Perkins.
(1) Sophia Louisa Bolton: b. 1866; m. Sir Charles Simeon King, Bart. of Corrard.
1164 DAVIS: b. in Pictou, Nova Scotia; was a carpenter and d. 1895, when about 73 yrs. of age. He m. and his son 1165 WILIAM W. DAVIS: b. in Nova Scotia, 1844; m. Elizabeth Leadley. Their son
l166 CHARLES DAVIS: b. in Hartford, Conn., 1878; m. Lillian Roulston. They reside at 54 Clermont St., Hartford, and have a son
l167 RUSSELL EDWARD DAVIS: b. in Conn. Mar., 1905. He is a professor in Chateau du Rosey, Rolle, Switzerland.
i161 DAVID DAVIS: was b. at Cardiff, Wales, 1818, d. 1891, m. Ellen Hans and had the following:
(1) William: b. at Cardiff, 1836. He was a land owner, who m. Helen Phillips in 1860. She was b. at Tree Forest, Wales. They had:
(A) Charles E.: b. 1868.
(B) Davis A.: b. 1865.
(C) Frederick H.: b. 1863. He and bros. were b. at Cardiff.
Frederick m. Elizabeth Smallwood and had:
(a) Hans W.: m. Myrtle Reynolds.
(b) Edith S.: m. Joseph Felzien.
(c) Charles E.: m. Gladys Neuberg.
(d) Albert: b. 1890, in Nebr. Educated Un. of Omaha, 1919; Creighton Un. 1911; Un. of Nebr. 1921, receiving degrees of B.Sc., D.D.S., M.D. and honorary degree granted in 1926, Fellow of the Am. Coil, of Dentistry. Mr. Davis practices oral and plastic surgery in San Francisco. He is a mem. Of several fraternities, and honorary societies.
Article printed from Access Genealogy: http://www.accessgenealogy.com
URL to article: http://www.accessgenealogy.com/genealogy/sir-john-davis-of-hollywood-gloucestershire-england.htm
Copyright © 2013 Access Genealogy (http://www.accessgenealogy.com/). All rights reserved.