- Access Genealogy - http://www.accessgenealogy.com -
John Todd of Stamford CT
Posted By Dennis Partridge On In Connecticut,Genealogy | No Comments
He removed from Branford, Conn., to “Long Ridge,” in the town of Stamford, Conn., where he bought land, March 22, 1739, passed the remaining days of his life, and died there. He was the only settler in the town of Stamford by the name of Todd, at that time, and interesting entries may be found in the town records, of the different tracts of land bought by him at “the South end of ye Long Ridge.” He seems to have inherited a taste for the milling industry, for now (1914) there are ruins of two mills at Long Ridge, one for grain, the other a saw-mill, both owned and operated by him during his residence there. He became one of the leading and influential men of that region.
It is not known who he married, except that her given name was Hannah.
109. John Todd, b. Jan. 8, 1731.
110. Hannah Todd, b. April 23, 1734.
111. Mindwell Todd, b. Sept. 8, 1736.
112. Elnathan Todd, b. Jan. 20, 1738.
Article printed from Access Genealogy: http://www.accessgenealogy.com
URL to article: http://www.accessgenealogy.com/genealogy/john-todd-of-stamford-ct.htm
Copyright © 2013 Access Genealogy (http://www.accessgenealogy.com/). All rights reserved.