Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Jesse Todd4, (Benjamin3, Michael2, Christopher1) born Jan. 1, 1735, probably in North Haven, Conn., died Oct. 27, 1819, in Agawam, Mass., married first Nov. 26, 1761, Lydia Cooper. He is mentioned in the Cooper Gen. He married second Feb. 24, 1790, Susannah, dau. of Isaac and Abigail (Hale) Chandler, of Enfield, Ct., born Feb. 3, 1754.
He was mentioned in the “Century Sermon” by Rev. Benjamin Trumbull of North Haven, Conn., as having removed to “Springfield in Massachusetts.” He was buried in the cemetery at Agawam, which was originally a part of West Springfield, Mass., which was the town in which he lived.
The Thorpe records of his children appear to be somewhat wrong. It mentions ten children, seven of whom are assumed to have lived only a year or two in each instance. The town records of West Springfield, Mass. have been carefully searched and it appears there, that five of the ten children by his first wife, lived to be married and have families. Of the remaining five, no record could be found.
Children by Lydia Cooper:
189. Solomon, bapt. 1765, lived about one year.
190. Solomon, m. and had children, but their names are unknown, but had a grand-daughter, Ruth Naomi Todd, who m. (1)(???)Bullard; (2)(???) Cole.
191. Naomi, m. 1821, Timothy Bullard, of Springfield, Mass.
*196. Tirmiah, m. Jan. 27, 1799, Martin Chapin, of West Springfield, Mass.
197. Sarinda, b. 1779, m. May 25, 1800, Walter Fowler of West Springfield, Mass.
*198. Jesse, b. Feb. 7, 1782.
Children by Susannah Chandler:
*199. Chandler, b. May 6, 1797.
200. Lydia, m. David Harris, had two daughters; (1) Lucetta, who d. in the ’70s, very soon after her mother; (2) Rosilla, went to Kansas and m. (???)Pearson; she d. 1913 at St. Cloud, Fla.