Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
James Robert Love, m. Maria Williamson Coman, daughter of James Coman,
of Raleigh, N.C. November 26th, 1822. Maria Williamson Coman was
b. January 22nd, 1805 and d. March 20th 1847.
1) James Coman Love, Oct 2nd, 1824; d. Oct 18th, 1854 (Bachelor)
2) Col. Robert Gustavus Adolphus Love, B. January 4th, 1827; d. May 24th 1880 (Bachelor) was Col, C.S.A. 62nd M.C. Regiment
3) Dr. Samuel Leonidas Love, b. Aug. 24th, 1828; d._____? Was twice married; 1st, to Rachel Boyd—three children: (a) Margaret Love, (Mrs. Harry C. Marschall) #5027 Hazel Avenue, West Philadelphia, Pa. (b) Maria Williamson Love, (d. unmarried). (c) Robert Gustavus Adolphus Love, (Lives in Waynesville, N.C.) (Note: the second wife of said Dr. Samuel Leonidas Love-Margaret Harrison, of Virginia-is dead, and by her he had no descendants.)
4) Sarah Jane Burney Love, b. Oct 26th, 1831; d.____? M. Col. William Thomas in 1858. (a) children, towit: William Thomas, b.____? m. Miss Byrson, and by her had six children. (b) James Robert Thomas, b._____? m. Josephine Smith, and by her had four children (c) Sarah Love Thomas, b.____? m. Judge A.C. Avery, and by him had three children. The deaths of neither of the above mentioned are known.
5) Infant twin daughter, b. Oct 1834; d. Young.
6) Margaret Elizabeth Love, b. Aug. 20th, 1836 (lives in Asheville, N.C>) m. Dr. William L. Hilliard, January 3rd, 1854, and by him had nine children, towit: (a) James Hilliard, b._____? (d. unmarried). (b)Rev. Samuel Hilliard, b._____? m. Mary Justice of Hendersonville, N.C., no children. (c) Dr. Wm. D. Hilliard, b.____? m. Mary Duffield, of Virginia; and by her has one daughter-Margaret. (d) Maria Duffield, b._____? m. Fred Hull (no children). (e) Dr. Charles E. Hilliard, b.______? m. Mary Craig, of Owensboro, Ky. and by her had one son-Charles. he d.________? (f) Margaret Josephine Hilliard, b._____? m. John M. Campbell, and by him has three children, towit: Emily, Hilliard and John M. Jr., (Lives at Asheville, N.C.) (g) Dr. Walter b. 1870; d____?
(unmarried) (h) Love Hilliard, b. 1876; m. Robert P. Foster, and by him has three sons, towit: Robert, William and Charles Hardin Foster. She lives in Asheville, N.C. All of the above families live in Asheville, N.C.
7) Mary Josephine Love, b. Oct. 21st, 1838; m. Joseph Branner, of Tennessee, March 4th 1856, and now live in Waynesville, N.C. By him she had the following children, towit: (a) Ella Maria Branner, b.____? m. Rev. Jas. Atkins, Sept. 14th, 1876, and by him had three children, viz Mary Lyons, Love Branner, and James Atkins. These live in Nashville, Tennessee; Rev. Atkins being connected with the Methodist Publishing House afterwards Bishop of M.E. Church South. (b) Mary Love Branner, b._____? m. Hon. Robert D. Gilmer, of Waynesville, N.C. and by him has two children, viz: Branner and Josephine Richards Gilmer. They all live in Waynesville, N.C. and Mr. Gilmer is Attorney General of the State.
8) Captain Mathew Hale Love, b. April 15th, 1840; d. March 18th, 18__” , Rebecca Moore of Tennessee, and by her had the following children, viz: (a) Maria Moore Love, b.___? m. Robert Harris Mitchell of Tennessee, November 4th, 18__? one child, Robert Harris Jr., (b) James Robert Love, b.____? (c) Hugh Arthur Love, b.____? (d) Paul Love, b._____? (e) Janie Josephine Love, b._____? m. Holmes Conrad Jr., of Winchester, Virginia-one son, Bryan Conrad. (f) Elizabeth Avery Love, b.____? (g) Mattie Blanche Love, b.______? All, except those noted live in Waynesville, N.C.
9) Maria Malinda Love, b. December 7th, 1843; m. Col. Wm. Williams Stringfield of Tennessee, January 2nd, 1871, and by him has the following children, towit: (a) Dr. Thomas Stringfield, Mary Love Stringfield, James Love Stringfield, Sarak Burney Stringfield, Margaret Josephine Stringfield, Samuel Lanier Stringfield and Jenny Linda Stringfield. All of these live in Waynesville, N.C.