Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
On 23 September 1752 Jacob and Martin Stoneburner, possibly brothers, came to America on board the ship St. Andrew from Rotterdam to Philadelphia. Both of them were over the age of 16. Jacob early moved to Berks County, Pennsylvania where in 1767 he owned thirty acres, had one horse, one cow, two sheep. It was probably there that he married Anna Eva sometime before August 1758. Johann Adam Eva had come from Rotterdam to Philadelphia, 20 October 1754 on the ship Halifax. This Eva was possibly related to the Anna who married Jacob Stoneburner. There in Berks County, Jacob and Anna became members of the St. Joseph’s Union Church at Oley Hill which is east of present day Reading, Pennsylvania. By 1782 Jacob and his two older sons were residents of Loudoun County, Virginia, according to an early tax list. In Virginia Jacob and Anna became members of the New Jerusalem Lutheran Church at Lovettsville. However, the Shelburne Parish in Loudoun County, Virginia showed Jacob Stoneburner on the tax table list of 1771. Both Jacob and Anna are buried in the New Jerusalem Lutheran Church Cemetery.
101 Jacob Stoneburner, born 8 March 1729 Germany married before 1758 Anna Eva, Berks County, Pa. born circa 1731 died 10 Jan. 1796 Loudoun Co., Va. died 24 May 1796 Loudoun Co., Va.
Children of Jacob Stoneburner and Anna Eva:
- 201 Johann Peter Stoneburner born 24 August 1758 Berks County, Pa. married before 1782 Susanna (Compher?) died circa 1844 Morgan Co., Ohio died Oct. 1830 Morgan Co., Ohio
- 202 Johann Frederick Stoneburner born 27 November 1759 Berks County, Pa. married 1 ?. married 2. Julianne (Compher?); married 3, Elizabeth Razor who died 26 March 1799, Loudoun County, VA. Johann died 23 April 1843 Fairfield County, Ohio.
- 311 Jacob Stoneburner born circa 1778married 9 August 1798 Margaret Hartzell, Fred.,Co.,Md.died 1844, Morgan County, Ohio died 1831 Muskingum Co., Ohio
- 411 Solomon Stoneburner born 2 Feb. 1803 Loudoun Co., Va. Married 13 September 1821 Eliz. Fawley, Muskingum County, Ohio. He died 25 June 1853 Muskingum County, Ohio
- 520 Susannah Stoneburner born 25 Jan. 1824 Muskingum Co., Ohio Married 1. Zacheus Mauk; married 2, Joseph Hayes. Children by 2nd marriage:
- Gilbert Hayes married Amanda Slack
- Catherine Hayes
- Mary Hayes married _______ France
- Rufus Hayes
- Andrew J. Hayes m.l. Elizabeth ______ m.2. Louisa Sayles
- John Hayes
- Martha Hayes married Samuel A. Mauk
- William Hayes
- Seymore Hayes
- George Hayes
- 521 Margaret Stoneburner married Mathew Combs
- 522 Solomon F. Stoneburner married Hannah Porter
- 523 Jacob Stoneburner married Maria Spencer
- 524 Peter Stoneburner married Mary Levina Wilson
ch: Alva, Cora, Levi
- 525 John Stoneburner
- 526 William Henry Stoneburner
- 527 Andrew Stoneburner married Angeline Spring
- 528 Sarah Stoneburner
- 412 Sarah Stoneburnerborn 10 March 1805 died young
- 413 Samuel Stoneburnerborn 1 Feb. 1806 Loudoun Co., Va. married 27 Oct. 1825 Eleanor Chenoweth died Perry Co., Ohio
- 414 Louisa Stoneburnerborn 1808 Loudoun Co., Va.married 14 October 1829 Peter Ansel, Perry Co., Ohio d.
- 415 Sarah Ann Stoneburner born 10 June 1809 Loudoun Co., Va. married 8 Jan. 1829 Henry Ansel died 8 May 1898 prob. Perry Co., Ohio
- 511 George W. Ansel married Sarah Jane Williams
- 512 James Ansel
- 513 Mahala Ansel married Joseph M. Biggs
- 514 Mary Jane Ansel married Henry J. Snider
- 515 Sarah Ann Ansel married Conrad Snider
- 516 John W. Ansel died young
- 517 Louisa Ansel born 15 April 1848 Muskingum County,Ohio, married 1, John Fawley, married 2, Marquis de Lafayette King. She died 6 October 1934 Perry Co., Ohio.
- 611 Martin Bright King died young
- 612 Arthur Wright King married Estella Skinner
- 613 Lillie Blanche King born 18 June 1892 married 3 July 1916 Lawrence Clinton Lucas died 24 April 1937 Start Co., Ohio
- 711 Iris Rosalind Lucas died young
- 712 Aryls Lenora Lucas married Arthur Floyd Weston
- 713 Aryln Lenola Lucas, married 1, Joseph Van Sickle, married 2, Michael Xagnello.
- 714 Oris Rosalie Lucas born 30 August 1922 married 7 May 1942 George Franklin Hartinger Montgomery Co., Ohio
- 811 Connie Louise Hartinger born 27 February 1944 married 11 April 1964 Ray Floyd Harlan
- 911 Sherrie Marie Harlan
- 912 Dawn Renee Harlan
- 913 Yvonne Elaine Harlan
- 914 Neil Allen Harlan
- 812 Donna Lynn Hartinger died young
- 416 William Stoneburner born 1810/11 Loudoun Co., Va. married 4 March 1838 Margaret Leffler? married (Souters) Stoneburner
- 417 Lydia Ann Stoneburner born 6 June 1813 married Michael Ansel
- 418 George W. Stoneburner born 7 August 1815, married 1, Sarah Rutter, married 2, Julia Ann Williams, married 3, — Ansel.
ch: Harriet plus 9 or more children
- 419 Josiah Stoneburner born Nov. 1819 married Sarah A. Williams 1838
Ch: Noah, Mary J., Margaret, Josiah, John M., Augustus, Maude C, Sarah A., Mary C., Harvey E. (History of Perry County, Ohio 1883, p. 561)
- 420 Mary Stoneburner married Noah Seitz
- prob.421 Issac Stoneburner married Mary Snider
- prob.422 Anna Marie Stoneburner
- 312 Elizabeth Stoneburner born 1781/82 married Jacob Karnes
- 313 Andrew Stoneburner born 11 Jan. 1781 married Compher
- 314 Philip Stoneburner born 26 March 1787 Loudoun Co., Va. married Christian Souters died 15 Feb. 1847 Hocking Co., Ohio
- 430 Hannah Stoneburner born 24 Feb. 1824 Perry Co., Ohio married Elias Hufford
- 530 Emanuel Hufford married Mary E. Simpson
- prob. 431 Julia Ann Stoneburner born married Adam Hufford
- 540 Christina Hufford married John H. Brubaker
- 315 George Stoneburner married Christiana _______
- 316 Frederick Stoneburner born 26 March 1793 married Christiana ________
- 317 Susanna Stoneburner born Oct. 1797 married Jonas Warner
- 318 Adam Stoneburner born 23 Aug. 1794 married Elizabeth Mann
- 319 Christiana Stoneburner married William Warner
- 320 Daniel Stoneburner born 6 Feb. 1802 married Amelia Crooks
- 321 John Stoneburner born 24 Dec. 1798 married Catherine _______
- 322 Mary Stoneburnerborn 26 Nov. 1810
- 323 Julianna Stoneburner
- 324 Samuel Stoneburner
- 325 Anna Maria Stoneburner
- 203 Maria Barbara Stoneburner born 27 Jan. 1761 Berks Co., Pa. married Samuel Mullen?
- 204 Johann Jacob Stoneburner born 1 April 1762 Berks Co., Pa. married Anna Barbara
- 205 Anna Maria Stoneburner born 6 Jan. 1764 Berks Co., Pa. married Andrew Spring
- 206 Maria Dorothea Stoneburner born 25 Feb. 1765 Berks Co., Pa. married Adam Riebsaman
- 207 Margaretha Stoneburner born 5 March 1768 Berks Co., Pa. married John Adam Wolf died 10 Dec. 1795 Virginia
- 208 Johann Daniel Stoneburner born 30 June 1769 Berks Co., married Anna Mary Fawley died 16 Oct. 1826 Loudoun Co.
- prob. 209 Susannah Stoneburner born 2 May 1775 married Peter Compher, 20 March 1788, Loudoun County, VA
Stoneburner Line – Backward Time Progression
- Author born Shelby County, Illinois
- Lena May Stoneburner, born 13 February 1925 Shelby County, Illinois, married 19 September 1942 James Harvey Cox, died 23 October 1982, Shelby County, Illinois
- Lawrence Albert Stoneburner, born 8 July 1902 Shelby County, Illinois, married 26 February 1924 Goldie Ardath Spracklin, died 13 April 1965 Shelby County, Illinois
- Linzie O. Stoneburner born 3 February 1876 Muskingum County, Ohio married 25 .April 1901 Ella Alice Miller died 8 March 1944 Shelby County, Illinois
- John Marion Stoneburner, born 31 January 1847 Morgan County, Ohio, married 11 March 1869 Margaret Hannah Mohler, died 9 April 1930 Shelby County, Illinois
- Robert Stoneburner born 30 September 1819 Morgan County, Ohio married circa 1842 Margaret Landerman died 4 August 1898 Morgan County, Ohio
- John Stoneburner, born circa 1781 Loudoun County, Virginia, married circa 1810 Catherine __________, died April 1855 Morgan County, Ohio
- Johann Peter Stoneburner, born 24 August 1758 Berks County, Pennsylvania, married before 1781 Susanna (Compher?), died before 29 October 1830 Morgan County, Ohio
- Jacob Stoneburner, born 8 March 1729 Germany, married before 1758 Anna Eva, died 24 May 1796 Loudoun County, Virginia
Sources for the Genealogy of Jacob Stoneburner:
- Records of Pa. Archives
- Vol. XVIII, PPS-54,156p., 225.
- 1790 Pennsylvania Census
- 1771 Loudoun C., Va. Tithable List in Shelburne Par. by James Hamilton
- 1782-1787 Virginia Taxpayers of Loudoun Co., Va.
- Thirty Thousand Names of Immigrants by Rupp pps.277-278
- “Early Marriages of Md.”
- Md. Gen. Soc. Bulletin Vol. 19 ,#3
- Rosalie Lucas Hartinger:
- St. Joseph’s Church, Berks Co., Pa.
- Records 1754-1799.
- New Jerusalem Church Rec.
- Lovettsville, Va.
- Josiah Stoneburner Records
- Jon Fauley Records
- Sylvia Hargrove Records
- Early Ohio Census
- Loudoun County, VA Marriage Records