Cresap’s War – A series of battles between tribes of the Cayuga, Shawnee and Delaware against the encroachments of white settlers upon their land.
At the commencement of the American struggle for independence, the Native Americans in the Revolutionary War stood in a peculiar position. Their friendship became a matter of importance to both parties. To secure this, the English took particular care, and had many advantages, of which the colonists were deprived. The expulsion of the French from
The war commonly called by the colonists, “King William’s War,” commenced in 1688 and ended in 1697. The object of the French was the expulsion of the English from the northern and middle provinces. The English directed their efforts against Canada. The French secured the services of the greater part of the Indians, and the united forces spread death and desolation in all directions.
Previous to the permanent establishment of the English in North America, the French and Spaniards made many attempts to get possession of various parts of the country. The coasts were carefully explored, and colonies planted, but they were soon given up as expensive, and involving too much hardship and danger. The first expedition to the
A return of the rank and occurrences that have happened to the Officers of the 3rd New Hampshire Regiment from 8 Nov, 1776 to 1 Jan, 1780. Name Rank From what time to what time Remarks Alex Scammell 2nd Lieut 8 Nov 1776 – 1 Jan 1780 Henry Dearborn promoted to Major Lieut Col 8
The records from the register at Michilimackinac are here provided as they were translated by Edward O. Brown back in 1889. His translation came from a transcript of the original, which latter is kept in the parish church of Ste. Anne, at Mackinac. Annotated throughout are Mr. Brown’s biographical knowledge of the events of Michilimackinac and the people within. Don’t pass over the footnotes for the record, you may find a biographical reference hidden there!
A copy of a map of Fort Mims. This map was found among the papers of General Claiborne. Block house. Pickets cut away by the Indians. Guard’s Station. Guard House. Western Gate. This Gate was shut, but a hole was cut by the Indians. Captain Bailey’s Station. Steadham’s House. Mrs. Dyer’s House Kitchen. Mims’ House.
Leaving a guard at Fort Williams, General Jackson put his army, which consisted of two thousand men, upon the march. He opened a passage across the ridge which divides the Coosa and Tallapoosa, and, in three days advanced to the immediate neighborhood of the enemy. Cholocco Litabixee, the Horse-Shoe, where the Red Sticks had assembled
Roll of Company F, 22nd Battalion, Georgia Cavalry (State Guards). Mustered into the Confederate service, August 6, 1863, at Hawkinsville, Georgia B. N. Mitchell, captain H. H. Whitfield, first lieutenant W. M. Oliver, second lieutenant L. H. Harrell, third lieutenant E. W. Coney, first sergeant A. C. McPhail, second sergeant R. F. DeLamar, third sergeant
Douglas Anderson H. P. Anderson Robert Anderson Emory Asbell DeLamar Atkinson Lee Attaway Max. Bagby J. H. Bagby C. B. Bailey (April, 1918, December, 1918. First Lieutenant, Medical Corps, Camp Greenleaf, Chickamauga Park). C. H. Bailey E. H. Bailey 0. D. Bailey H. Barfield Isadore Barker W. H. Barlow D. M. Barnes Sterling Barrow