Robert P. Ewer married, Sept. 5, 1839, Nancy Fisher, daughter of Joseph W. and Sally (Grindle) Johnson. She was born May 4, 1818. They had children as follows: Sarah, Mary, Lewis, Harriet and Franklin.
Jeremiah McIntire was not born at Blue Hill, but came to it a young man, from what place the records do not state. He was published to Lydia Knowles, of Sedgwick, June 8, 1818, and certified June 27, of the same year. Children: Abigail, John, Ingerson, Sarah, Deborah, Freeman, Nathan, Sylvanus and Francis.
Jeremiah Stover. He was born in Penobscot Dec. 5, 1770; came to Blue Hill a young man, built the house referred to before 1800. He married, Dec. 16, 1793, Abigail Devereux. He was a farmer and tanner and currier. The family consisted of nine children, as follows: Lois, Abigail, Jonathan, Hannah, Newton, Jeremiah, Lydia, Cynthia, and Martha.
Dr. Nathan Tenney was a native of Bradford, Mass., born May 23, 1769; came first to Sedgwick when a young man, then to Blue Hill about 1815. He married Mary, daughter of Major David Carleton, of Sedgwick, Aug. 21, 1796. She was born Oct. 23, 1777; died May 9, 1820. He died June 29, 1848, aged seventy-nine years. He practiced medicine; was considered skillful and for many years was the chief doctor in the town. His children were: Polly, Sophia, John, Rebecca, William, Jane, Nabby, Julia and David.
F. A. Darling was the son of Jedediah and Lydia (Stinson) Darling, born Oct. 1, 1815; married Phebe Wood Savage, Feb. 1, 1838, to whom were born the following children: Augusta, Ellen, George and Frank.
The family of Deacon Savage, besides himself and wife, consisted of the following children: William, Phebe, Nathan, Sally, and Rebecca.
Capt. Steven Norton and family occupied the Ray-Stevens-Norton place after Mr. Stevens for some years, just how many the writer cannot state. He was a sea captain, born in the town of St. George, Me., March 22, 1789; came to Blue Hill, where he continued to make his home until his death Jan. 6, 1873, aged nearly eighty-six years. He commanded coasting vessels between the town and Boston until age and infirmities compelled him to retire from a sea life. Captain Norton was twice married— first Jan. 18, 1813, to Mehitable, daughter of Andrew and Mehitable Kimball Witham, born Aug. 28, 1797; she died July 10, 1835, leaving ten children. On Nov. 27, 1835, he married, second, Clarissa Carleton, daughter of William and Pamelia (Osgood) Carleton, born Feb. 7, 1813; died Nov. 17, 1873, aged sixty years and eight months. She also bore ten children, so that by two wives there were twenty as follows: By first wife: Mary, John, Stephen, William, Mehitable, Sophia, Priscilla, Frederick, Catherine and Lois. By second wife: Harriet, Hollis, Clara, Francis, Granville, Clara, Mehitable, Stephen, Ann and John. Beside these John Havlin was an adopted son of the family.
Theodore Stevens, who was born in Andover, Mass., July 12, 1763, and came to Blue Hill in 1791. Theodore Stevens’ wife was Dorcas Osgood, whom he married Oct. 4, 1791. Their children were as follows: Elizabeth, Edward, Benjamin, Lydia, Lucretia, Elvina, and John. This genealogy provides descendants down in some cases 2 generations.
Bushrod W. Hinckley was a lawyer, and for a number of years the only one in town. He was born in Thetford, Vt. He married Sarah F. Wilcox, by whom he had children as follows: Ellen, Francis, Caroline and Hattie. Mr. Hinckley died Dec. 17, 1869; Mrs. Hinckley July 5, 1889.
Matthew Ray was a blacksmith and edge-tool manufacturer, with factory and trip-hammer run by water power upon the Mill stream in the village, above the bridge at Main street. He removed from the town to Bangor before 1840, and is supposed to have died in that city. He married, May 29, 1810, Roxana Nickerson, by whom he had: Louisa, Eunice, Harriet, George, William, John, Roxana. He married 2nd, Harriet Hinckley, by whom he had: Mary.